As part of the GCC organisation, GCC-Rust has been accepted as a mentoring organisation within the Google Summer of Code 2021 framework. This is exciting news for eligible students around the world to add compiler development to your resume.
Please see example projects over on the GCC wiki to get started and reach out to the GCC Rust community on Zulip or email the GCC mailing list. Many other students are already there working on their first contributions.
The application period completes on April 13, 2021, where you can apply to the GCC mentoring organisation for a project for the Rust Front-end, so get your compiler hat on and start coding.
- Github: https://rust-gcc.github.io/
- Zulip: https://gcc-rust.zulipchat.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gcc_rust
- GCC: https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode
- GSoC: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/get-started/